Thursday, December 11, 2008

My nightmare animal

Your raccoon-fear reminded me of my nightmare animal- the possum.

My fear largely stems from:

1. They look like giant rats.

2. I hate rats. (Snakes : Deepusaurus as Rats : Zaradon.)

3. They have weird naked devil faces.


THE LAST SIGHT YOU'LL SEE.

4. They have dead eyes.


THERE IS NO SOUL IN THERE!

5. They have baby hands.


A BABY MUST BE MISSING ITS HANDS BECAUSE YOU STOLE THEM, POSSUM!!

And in my research to find these photos I came upon this blog forum focusing on "Getting Rid of Possums" that made me feel a whole lot better because it seems that many others share my feelings concerning possums. I've copy pasted my favorite responses below.

RE: Getting Rid of Possums
Post By Country Girl in Ohio (Guest Post) (07/09/2008)
A few weeks ago I was in my bathroom and saw a tail- sure it was a rat I went out and bought rat poison- happy to see it gone and no more tails I thought I was rid of my problem. Last night at 2 Am I was awoke by noise and there it was a possum IN MY HOUSE, IN MY BEDROOM. That creepy, smelly little $*** just looked at me. I threw a shoe at it and I'm not sure how it got in or got out but today there is no sign of it. I want it gone.

(this is basically my worst nightmare)

RE: Getting Rid of Possums
Post by Rssj (1) | (03/19/2008)

OK. I live in Brooklyn, NY. A quiet residential area, not a lot of trees. We just saw a possum for the first time. He is sitting on the front fence in the yard. He looks like a big fat rat. We are very shocked and surprised. I am scared. He is ugly and sitting outside like he is paying the mortgage here. He has been in the same spot for 45 mins. My husband had to use the back door just now.

(um, I also live in Brooklyn. Nightmare=reality?)


RE: Getting Rid of Possums

Post By PTHECOP (Guest Post) (09/04/2008)
We just chased off a possum that had set up residence in the doghouse in the back yard. We doused the ugly creature with water and he meandered his slow moving behind away. The dog is a house dog who never used the house anyway, so I threw the dog house away, and I hope the ugly monster is gone because he scared the hell out o me and I am one of Texas' finest police officers. ( our little secret)

(SEE-THEY DON'T WALK, THEY MEANDER! Even a Texas police officer thinks they're UGLY MONSTERS.)

Please avoid at all costs.

Zaradon out.

1 comment:

Deepusaurus Rex said...

I like your use of metaphors. It's like studying for the GREs all over again.