Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Raccoons are the new snakes


Hi Zaradon,

You know how we evolutionarily shaped the genetics of mammals to be biologically predisposed to be afraid of snakes successfully delaying the extinction of the human species.

Well move over snakes, raccoons are the real threat.

I had a dream last night that I was walking through the forest. And it was early spring and the path opened up to some sort of outdoor natural theater. And there was a raccoon there so I stopped but this raccoon seemed really friendly. So I started to back up but it approached me, so I froze. Then the raccoon jumped on my face and attacked.


So this is like a reenactment of my dream except I am not white.

So I woke up quite startled, and this was the first animal attack dream I have had that didn't involve snakes (or fundamentalist saying I am only 4000 years old). so I did some internet research and here is what i found out about raccoons.

(1) There were 2,615 cases of rabies in raccoons in 2006
(2) Raccoons have and will kill puppies and kittens
(3) They have sharp teeth and claws
(4) They are against the ban on waiting in lines that Barack Obama has proposed.

All these things considered, I would say that snakes are out and Raccoons are in. And by in I mean in my updated list of phobias, in possession by the devil, and in a lot of trouble if I am still around when they diverge from the reptilian/avian lineage.

Good day ladytron,

D. Rex

No comments: