Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Copycats 2.0

Dearest Deepusaurus,

Those similarities are uncanny. I think Disney owes Hasbro, Marvel Comics and Sunbow Production a billion dollars. Yes, I looked up the producers of Jem on wikipedia. So there.

But you raised an interesting idea of copycats that made me want to draw your attention to ANOTHER copycat: Paul Rudd.

I KNOW! Paul Rudd is THE BEST. How can he be a copycat?? Has the world turned upside down?

But he is! Recently he and David Wain go together to make this little video as a way to promote their new movie, Role Models.



And I was like this SHOULD be amazing, but I've SEEN IT BEFORE.

Right here.




So- copycats? Or maybe this is just a thing comedic actors I swoon over do to be charming? I mean, at the end of the day I'm double charmed which isn't the worst situation to be in. But still- little bummed out that I saw the Paul Rudd clip and my immediate reaction was OLD NEWS.

No comments: