Friday, November 7, 2008

Forget Racism or Feminism, how about 20/20 ism


Dear Zaradon,

First and foremost as the king of the lizards I don't make puppies. I eat puppies! Second of all I stared at that website for over 30 minutes.

Now to my post. This past years Democratic Presidential Race along with the recent win of B. Obama got alot of people talking about prejudice against women and minorities. But I think the most dangerous of prejudice are those that people are not talking about, so I want to take some time to talk about something I call 20/20 ism. You may be thinking I am referring to the television show, but in actuallity I am referring to my perfect eye-sight and the way society is stifling me becuase of my genetics. They may not be stiffling my financial income, education, or access to public goods, but I do think "society" is holding me back from expressing myself through fashion.

I recently started to wear glasses again to look like Elvis Costello except indian and w/ scales and tiny arms, but everybody who sees me:
(1) comments on my glasses being new
(2) asks when I started to need glasses
(3) judges me severely when they find out I don't need them

One should be able to wear glasses without judgement the same way people with glasses are allowed to have a variety of glasses (my roommate has 3!) and the way people are allowed to wear other accesseries (i.e. watches, bracelets, scarves) and the same way we have a right to free speech/bear arms.

I am tired of telling people my glasses protect my eyes from UV light or that I have been in front of a computer too long. I humbly ask for your support in the fight against 20/20ism.

Sincerely,
A very irrate Deepusaurus Rex

1 comment:

zaradon said...

Ooooh, Deepusaurus. Wait til you see my new glasses from Club Monaco. You shall be jealous times ten.